We need your passionate and faithful leadership
Home groups are the heart of Rendez-vous: where the day starts and ends, where stories are shared and friendships are made.
- provide spiritual grounding, faith formation, and leadership development for groups of 10‒12 young people aged 14‒18 over four days, provide a duty of care, ensuring that youth are healthy and safe
- training, support, an awesome t-shirt, discounted registration, and an unforgettable experience.
Read the complete role description below, then complete the application form here (under construction; come back soon!).
Youth Home Group Leader Role Description
- Youth home group leader
- To provide a safe, supportive home group experience for Rendez-Vous 2020 participants aged 14-18.
- Host morning and evening home group check-ins for of 10-12 young people aged 14-18
- provide spiritual grounding, faith formation and leadership development for groups
- Provide first-line support, guidance and orientation to Rendez-Vous 2020 participants
- Escalate issues and incidents to Chaplains for ongoing support
- Ensure duty of care
- 3 days from August 12-14
- 6 hours /day direct responsibility, but on-call throughout the event
Gifts and experience
- You are 19 or older
- You love working with young people
- You have experience leading groups of youth age 13-18
- You have experience leading faith development activities and spiritual practices for young people
- You are sensitive to the spiritual and emotional needs of young people
- We value home group leaders who live and express the diversity of the United Church of Canada
- Mandatory volunteer training (about an hour)
- Two 2-hour training sessions:
- youth mental health
- facilitating spiritual practices and faith formation activities
- You get to be at Rendez-Vous 2020!
- An awesome t-shirt and discounted registration
- Home group leader coordinator