We need your ideas and experience
Rendez-vous features new, innovative, and inspiring ways to promote faith, service, and affirming leadership in the church and in our communities.
- lead one or more workshops related to innovative, energizing, and inspiring youth and young adult ministry.
- training, support, an awesome t-shirt, discounted registration, and an unforgettable experience.
- Read the Workshop and Plenary Guidelines here.
- Read the complete role description below.
- Read the Statement on Inclusion and Diversity and the Statement on Indigenous Participation below.
Workshop leader applications close 31 January 2020 at 5:00 PM Eastern!
Read our statement on diversity and inclusion
Read our statement on Indigenous participation
Apply to be a volunteer
Workshop leaders role description
- Workshop leader
- To provide workshops that inspire youth, young adults and their leaders to learn more about themselves, their faith
- Plan and deliver at least one workshop at least one time to an audience of 12-25 youth, young adults and leaders
- Prepare all required materials,
- Inform Workshop Coordinator of technical requirements, space requirements and other planning
- Two hours for pre-event training (online)
- A maximum of six hours as workshop leader
- All-day availability for 3 days from August 11-14
Gifts and experience
- You are 19 or older
- You love working with young people
- You love teaching young people and their leaders
- You have great ideas and experiences related to youth and young adult ministry that you want to share with others
- You can adapt to changes on the fly – bad weather, room changes, technology failures, missing equipment, too many and too few participants – to make your workshop stunning no matter what happens!
- You have experience leading groups of young adults age 19-30
- You have experience leading faith development activities and spiritual practices for young people
- You are sensitive to the spiritual and emotional needs of young people
- We value home group leaders who live and express the diversity of the United Church of Canada
- Mandatory volunteer training (about an hour)
- You get to be at Rendez-Vous 2020!
- Work with a group of young people
- Workshop coordinator