We need your passionate and faithful leadership
Home groups are the heart of Rendez-vous: where the day starts and ends, where stories are shared and friendships are made.
Young adult home group leaders
- provide spiritual grounding, faith formation, and leadership development for groups of 10‒12 young people aged 14‒18 or a group of young adults 19 and up over four days
- provide a duty of care, ensuring that youth are healthy and safe
- training, support, an awesome t-shirt, discounted registration, and an unforgettable experience.
- Read the complete role description below.
- Read the Statement on Inclusion and Diversity and the Statement on Indigenous Participation below.
Young adult home group leader applications close 15 January 2020 at 5:00 PM Eastern!
Young adult home group leaders role description
- Young adult home group leader
- To provide a safe, supportive home group experience for Rendez-Vous 2020 participants aged 19-30
- Host morning and evening home group check-ins for young adults age 19-30
- Animate group activities, including ice-breakers and get-to-know-yous, spiritual practices and faith formation
- Provide first-line support, guidance and orientation to Rendez-Vous 2020 participants
- 4 days from August 1-14
- 6 hours /day direct responsibility, but on-call throughout the event
Gifts and experience
- You are 19 or older
- You love working with young people
- You have experience leading groups of young adults age 19-30
- You have experience leading faith development activities and spiritual practices for young people
- You are sensitive to the spiritual and emotional needs of young people
- We value home group leaders who live and express the diversity of the United Church of Canada
- Mandatory volunteer training (about an hour)
- Two 2-hour training sessions:
- youth mental health
- facilitating spiritual practices and faith formation activities
- You get to be at Rendez-Vous 2020!
- Work with a group of young people
- Home group leader coordinator